Trip Planner: South America / Colombia / San Andres and Providencia Department / San Andres Island / San Andres / EcoFiwi Turismo Ecologico
Kayaking in Old PointIt couldn't be easier to arrange your visit to EcoFiwi Turismo Ecologico and many more San Andres Island attractions: make an itinerary online using Inspirock's San Andres Island tour itinerary planning app.
Ecofiwi its a small family owned company. We specialize in providing guided ecotours to the Old Point Regional Mangrove Park. We offer self guided and guided sea kayaking tours. We have “transparent” tempered molded sea kayaks that, as you paddle along, allow you to observe the colorful coral reefs, fish and features of the sea. We also offer snorkeling excursions and guided trekking trips to extensive and diverse mangrove ecosystems. We can arrange for sport fishing trips with local expert fisherman who know where to find the fish.
Recreational Opportunities Available
Kayaking, Snorkeling, Trekking and Sport fishing with local fishermen.
9:00 am to 4:00 pm.
We are open all year round.
Actions taken to promote environmental or social sustainability
EcoFiwi is a company born out of love for nature and the environment and that is why from the beginning, we have been determined to protect, preserve and restore our mangroves, while offering an activity where you can enjoy and learn from these wonderful ecosystems.
ACTIVITIES IN FAVOR OF THE MANGROVES AT THE OLD POINT REGIONAL PARK:
• Constant Vigilance. Every tour with visitors transforms itself in a patrol trip to maintain presence with the aim to avoid environmental crimes. When we witness environmental crimes, we make sure to notify the competent authorities.
• Cleaning campaigns. With the support of the national army, government, environmental police, tourist police and educational institutions we have undertaken various cleanups in the mangroves. On each tour, visitors are encouraged to retrieve any object from the sea, especially plastic; this action in order to raise awareness. The plastics recovered from our cleanup campaigns and tours are sent to ECOBLOQUES, a company that grinds and converts these elements into blocks for building houses.
• Snacks offered to visitors are prepared with local sea and island food purchased from local artisanal fishermen and farmers in the area. We sell only local island products. Our guide is a bilingual islander who, in turn, is an artisanal fisherman.
DURING THE TOUR:
• We provide a "briefing" to our visitors about the required behavior when visiting a protected area to minimize possible negative impacts. Visitors are taught what constitutes a mangrove swamp and their environmental importance. Technical and ancestral information is also provided. We make sure that our visitors do not step on seagrass, manipulate marine life and remove sea shells or other natural elements from these ecosystems.
For More Information, Contact:
Tammyth Sepulveda Viloria
Via san Luis (sector de Mango Tree) Old Point Regional Mangrove Park,
316 567 4988
Create a full itinerary - for free!
EcoFiwi Turismo Ecologico reviews
Absolutely loved this tour, the guide Andru (if I remember the name well) was super knowledgable and happy to answer our questions, me and my mom did the early tour at 9am so we were lucky enough to..... more
Absolutely loved this tour, the guide Andru (if I remember the name well) was super knowledgable and happy to answer our questions, me and my mom did the early tour at 9am so we were lucky enough to..... more »
A very good trip for half a day. Nice people. Transparent Kayak , you can see sea star sea cucumber. They give you a local snack when you are back. Totally recommended. 90,000 COP and you can get...
A very good trip for half a day. Nice people. Transparent Kayak , you can see sea star sea cucumber. They give you a local snack when you are back. Totally recommended. 90,000 COP and you can get... more »
Plan your trip to San Andres Island
- Get a personalized tripA full day by day itinerary based on your preferences
- Customize itRefine your trip. We'll find the
best routes and schedules
- Book itChoose from the best hotels and activities. Up to 50% off
- Manage itEverything in one place. Everyone on the same page.
Popular things to do in San Andres Island
Nature in San Andres Island
Hidden gems in San Andres Island
Wildlife in San Andres Island
Beaches in San Andres Island
Nearby attractions in San Andres Island
Trips in EcoFiwi Turismo Ecologico by other users
4 days in San Andres Island BY A USER FROM CANADA Playa de San Luis EcoFiwi Turismo Ecologico La Piscinita 1 day in San Andres Island BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES EcoFiwi Turismo Ecologico Morgan's Cave Hoyo Soplador 3 days in San Andres Island BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES EcoFiwi Turismo Ecologico Dream Island Spa Cayo Acuario 5 days in San Andres Island BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES EcoFiwi Turismo Ecologico Dream Island Spa Playa de Spratt Bight 1 day in San Andres Island BY A USER FROM COLOMBIA EcoFiwi Turismo Ecologico Playa de San Luis Hoyo Soplador 1 day in San Andres Island BY A USER FROM UNITED STATES EcoFiwi Turismo Ecologico Morgan's Cave Hoyo Soplador